There are a few things I cannot live without, those being yoga, quiet time in nature, and coconut oil.
Allow me to share my many uses of this amazing superfood. Try them, share them and fall in love with them.
- Body lotion. I always have a container of cold pressed coconut oil in my bathroom, my desk, my suitcase if I’m going away, and by my bed. I use it after every shower, to moisturize my face, and my hands.
- Cooking. Whether a stir fry, eggs, chili, my protein balls, healthy version of hot chocolate, or just about anything else, coconut oil is the first ingredient I reach for.
- Shaving cream. It could be annoying getting into the shower, realizing you forgot to buy shaving cream, especially if you have dry and sensitive skin like mine; dry shaving is just not an option. So I reach for coconut oil, and lather on prior to shaving. Works like a charm!
- Eye make-up remover. For years I have bought one specific type of cream for the sole purpose of using it as an eye make-up remover. It is the only cream that doesn’t sting my eyes and irritate my sensitive skin. Until one day, I was away on vacation, and forgot my cream. Naturally hesitant, I reached for my coconut oil, and, surprise, it worked great without stinging. Haven’t bought that eye make- up remover since.
- Oil pulling. Wondering what in the world is that? Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 10-20 minutes. This action draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health, but also to improve your overall health. It also whitens your teeth.