Here at Healthy Habits we’ve been busy with our latest 3 day warm and gentle detox. We’ve had an overwhelming response and participants couldn’t believe the wonderful changes that took place in just 3 days!
First, let me start by saying that our detox is composed of real, whole foods. No gimmicks, no pills, just super nutritious, simple, anti-inflammatory and alkalizing foods that taste delicious and nourish your entire body.
The basic guidelines for our detox are always simple:
- avoid gluten, wheat, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol for 5 days
- drink plenty of filtered, room temperature water with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime (to alkalize the water)
- avoid late night meals by having your last meal 3 to 4 hours prior to bed time in order to rest your digestive system
- get 7 to 8 hours of sleep
- practice simple stress-reduction techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, walking in nature or treat yourself to a massage or manual lymphatic drainage
We’re exposed to toxins from food, water, environment and our body creates toxins when we’re under a lot of stress, don’t get enough sleep, don’t move our body or eat too many processed foods. Participating in a detox and cleansing your body on a regular basis is one of the simplest ways to help to start to alleviate common symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, joint pain, bloating and constipation. It is also the best way to prevent disease and promote optimal health and well-being.
If you’ve never done a detox before, or don’t do one regularly, it’s important for you to know that you may experience some detoxification symptoms such as low energy, headaches, cravings, but these are only temporary, lasting usually a day or two and they are normal. They are a sign that your body is processing and eliminating the accumulated toxins and you’re on your way to healing and feeling better.
Here is what some of our participants had to say after completing the 3 day warm detox:
- “body stiffness and soreness disappeared after the first day on this detox”
- “all the food was delicious and filled me up”
- “I discovered that I was snacking only out of habit or boredom and not because I was truly hungry”
- “I don’t need coffee every single day”
- “I felt great, light and energetic”
- “I lost weight”
- “I had easier and more frequent bowel movements”
Imagine how great you can feel in just 3 days. If you’re interested in learning more about the detox we offer and the next time we’re offering it, please leave a comment or contact us directly via phone or email. Our contact information is located under the Contact tab.